Thursday, November 17, 2011

This Is The End Of The Food Stamp Challenge

Back in the day (about 60 years ago)...The day before payday; the people who lived in our building, all young Marines and their wives and kids, would really feel the pinch. I  suggested we gather in my kitchen on Friday and bring all the leftovers. The first time it was a mess, but we got through it and the guys got over being self-conscious. I made a hearty soup and we came up with 4 different kinds of bread for toast, biscuits and even corn bread. I had a large soup pot and it was filled to the brim with different meats and veggies. It turned out to be a favorite thing twice a month the day before payday. We became close friends. I wonder where those people are now?  Am I the only one left?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this post make YOU think about living richly? Share your thoughts with us!