Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Food Stamp Challenge Continues

Dinner last night was simple to make and a treat for the eyes: stir fried chicken breast with red peppers, mushrooms and onions. I served it over the other half of the whole wheat spaghetti from Sunday. I would have liked to add some broccoli to this, but it was not in my budget. I did have some in my garden, but the rules of the Food Stamp Challenge ask you not to use food you already have.


Did you know that food stamps can be used to purchase vegetable seeds and seedlings? I wonder what the multiplier effect of having even one tomato plant in a pot would be compared to the cost of the seedling? Next year I will weigh the yield of one of my plants to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this post make YOU think about living richly? Share your thoughts with us!