Saturday, October 29, 2011

Food Stamp Challenge Day 2

Friday was a very good food day.  I got up early as I usually do and made a pan of oatmeal.  The sleepyheads could warm theirs up later!  Then I made lunches for the three of us using the deli sliced turkey breast.  Since we have such a generous amount of fresh fruit it can be added to almost every meal.  I left for work before anyone else was up.


Dinner was delicious: baked tilapia, brown rice and steamed cauliflower and carrots.  One problem: I forgot to start the rice until I already had the vegetables steaming, so that put dinner a little later than planned.   Brown rice takes about 45 minutes, so I usually put it on first.  I like to season the rice with a dollop of olive oil, a little bit of soy sauce and diced onion, which I add to the water as it's cooking.  The tilapia fillets are very good and cook quickly.  I simply drizzled a bit of olive oil on them and sprinkled with seasoning and pop them into a hot oven for about 15 minutes. I had some dried dill from my garden, but you can use whatever you like on this versatile fish.  It looked nice on the platters as you can see in the photo.  We had some rice and one piece of fish left over that my husband will probably eat for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this post make YOU think about living richly? Share your thoughts with us!